Make a Duplicate Copy of a Story You Authored
If you are the Author of a Story you can make a duplicate copy for use within Kinscape. To use the Copy feature:
- Click Storyscape or My Life to view Stories
- Click Open on Story icon for Story you wish to Copy
- Mouse over the Story icon and a Copy option appears
- Click Copy (System makes copy, stores it as a new Private Story in My Life)
- A copy confirmation message appears (bar at top of Page, click X to close)
- System transfers you to My Life to view Copied Story
- It is strongly suggested that you Open copied Story and Rename it (to avoid duplicate titles and confusion) - You are now ready to use features and functions as if it were a new Story!
NOTE: updates to the original Story will not be updated in the copied Story. The copied Story remains unique and independent of the original Story.
Copy a Story to Export
To make a copy of a Story for use outside Kinscape, use the standard copy and paste features in your computer or handheld device. For example, if you wish to copy your Story to a Word file from your device:
- Select text you wish to copy (all or part of your Story)
- Copy using features in your computer or handheld device
- Open destination file in Word
- Paste copied text
You cannot use Download Media button on the Edit Page to download the Story and its components because that will download your Story as a simple image (jpeg or other image format).