Activate Edit Mode
You must be in Edit mode on the Story Edit Page to add or edit text, image, audio or video Content or upload a document into a new Story or an existing Story.
To create a new Story:
- Click Start a Story button
- Blank Story template opens; you are in Edit mode and ready to write your Story!
To edit an existing Story:
- Click Storyscape or MyLife on the top of any Kinscape page
- Open the Story you wish to edit
- Click Edit button to begin Edit mode
- Story Edit Page opens – you are ready to add Content or edit Story!
Add Content or Edit Your Story
In edit mode:
- See the Type Here prompt on the Page; begin typing!
Chapter Heading and Text in Paragraphs
- Start by typing Chapter Heading text
- Select Chapter Heading text by moving the cursor back over Heading text (selected text is highlighted)
- Click H1 (Heading 1) on the text menu (menu appears above your selected text)
- Press Enter on your keyboard; Chapter Heading created! (Click again if you wish to remove H1 option)
- Then begin typing to add text paragraphs
Add Special Effects to Text
- Select characters you want to Bold, Italicize, Underscore, put in Quotes, or add URL link by moving the cursor back over Heading text (selected text is highlighted)
- Select desired text option from menu. You can select B = bold, I = italicize, U = underscore, " = Quotes, or # = add URL link.
Add Content in New Pages: Text, Image(s), Audio, Video or Document(s)
- Click Text icon to add a new Chapter; repeat Chapter Heading instructions
- Click Attic to insert Image(s), Audio, Video or Documents stored in My Attic or a Family Attic
- Click Image(s), Audio, Video, or Document icon to begin a new Page and insert Content from your Computer or an external source.
- Follow on-screen instructions for image, audio, video or document upload
- Follow on-screen instructions to Add Caption to: a single image or set of images (8 maximum), audio file, video file, or document file.
- Click Done Editing to preview your Story changes!